Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Our Confidence is in God…Not Ourselves

Our Confidence is in God…Not Ourselves



It’s been a long time since I blogged. Since that’s a post for a different time….I’ll just begin by telling you that my deep reflection in this moment is the result of tonight’s Celebrate Recovery meeting at my church. We are working through the 24 lessons…and tonight’s lesson on being ready to turn all my character defects over to God...for good…completely…has me focused on the root of one of my character defects. I have suffered from lack of self-esteem since I was little…but tonight I realize the real problem is that I have always placed my confidence in myself instead of God. I am ready to change that.
Jeremiah 17:7 confirms I am right.  It says…  “But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.” Isaiah 32:17 speaks to the solution to my specific problem. It says...“ the fruit of that righteousness will be peace…its effect will be quietness and confidence forever.” This is great for me …since it will really conquer two defects I have. I like Peter ….one of my other defects of character is a tendency to speak before I think…and offer more opinions than are sometimes asked for.
The real problem is that I have hung on to my flesh to tightly…and haven’t completely given this defect to God.  I keep trying to battle it myself. So no wonder I have failed so many times to id myself of it.
Starting now…I will work toward letting God’s confidence guide and direct me when I feel weak and inadequate. I will stop trying to excuse it and joke about how ‘not ready’ I am …and let God strengthen me and give me courage from his infinite supply. I am ready to just be obedient…and do it…even when I don’t think I am qualified. I am ready to believe the sweet encouraging words from my fellow Celebrate Recovery members…and let God use me each week to share John Baker’s great lessons.

Father…thank you for the reminder that true confidence can only come from you. Forgive me for the times that I have disappointed you…myself…and anyone else with my negativity. Help me to build each person you cross my path with positive energy and your confidence…so that you can use me to share the message you need me to share. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment