Monday, October 10, 2016

Cry Out To God To Remove The Sin In Your Life

Judges 3:14-15 -  The Israelites were subject to Eglon king of Moab for eighteen years.  Again the Israelites cried out to the Lord, and he gave them a deliverer—Ehud, a left-handed man, the son of Gera the Benjamite. The Israelites sent him with tribute to Eglon king of Moab. 

The Israelites had become trapped in their own choices.  They had let the people around them dilute their faith so much that they forgot the one true God and adopted the pagan customs of all the people around them. God had sent them a deliverer….a judge once before….and now they needed one again.

God loved them so much...as soon as they realized their sin…and cried out to him…he sent them another judge…to kill the king of the people that held them captive. They would be free once again… to reestablish their relationship with the one true God.

It is a reminder to me that God is a forgiving God….showing grace as many times as he needs to sinners like me who follow the same pattern of failure as the Israelites. He only requires that we turn from our sin…and repent. I just know that if I spent a few minutes every morning asking forgiveness for the failures of the past….God would meet me there with a big smile on his face….happy to see me more attentive to what he needs form me in the future.

He knows we mean what we say because of our actions.  These Israelites cleaned house of all the pagan gods that had trapped them in bad choices.  They began to follow God’s law and commandments again. They went back to their first love…the love that did miracles for them….the love that went with them and before them.


Father…thank you for the reminder to start my day visiting with you…so you can help me to identify the sins that are holding me back from a deeper relationship with you. Forgive me for the times that I have let sin and selfish thoughts keep me from doing your will.  Help me to mean what I say this morning… so my time with you will clean out the things that keep me separated from all that you want for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment