Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My Weakness... Plus God's Grace..Equals God's Greatest Power

Judges 7:2 -   The Lord said to Gideon, “You have too many men. I cannot deliver Midian into their hands, or Israel would boast against me, ‘My own strength has saved me.’ 

God had called Gideon to lead Israel out of captivity…but before he went into battle God had a very important lesson to teach him about his power to use him in great weakness.  He took 30,000 men with him to fight…but God weeded out 27,000 of them.  He wanted Israel to know that their God was the winning factor in the battle…so none of them could boast in their own strength.

There are many scriptures that explain God’s reasoning for this….one of my favorites in 2 Corinthians 12:9.  Paul understood the power of God so well that he boasted about how God overcame in weaknesses with these great words…. “But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.”

In able for God to truly use us…we have to empty ourselves out of our own power.  That was one of the things Christ had to do on that cross.  He had the power within himself to save himself…but he gave that power over to God…so that a greater power could win victory over the power of sin in our lives. If we learn to do the same…to give over any strength we think we have over our lives to God…and allow him to use the weakest things about us to show his power…there will never be any question that what was accomplished was from him. 

It sure gives this old woman….weak in more than one way…a big boost in confidence this morning. It fuels a passion deep inside me…to keep searching for God’s will… so he can use me … even in ways that I was never trained.  When I allow him control over my weaknesses…he can use them in supernatural ways that the world can only assume was truly God at work within me.


Thank you father for the reminder that you use my weaknesses for your glory even better than the strengths you have created me with. Forgive me for the times that I let my feelings of weakness stop me from being obedient.  Help me to overcome any feelings of inadequacy with the thought that you can use these weaknesses to do great and mighty things to spread your gospel. Help me to embrace my weaknesses…so you can fill that weakness with a dose of your grace… and help me be my best versio of who you created me to be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment