Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Put Others First

Numbers 27:12-14 - Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go up this mountain in the Abarim Range and see the land I have given the Israelites. After you have seen it, you too will be gathered to your people, as your brother Aaronwas, for when the community rebelled at the waters in the Desert of Zin, both of you disobeyed my command to honor me as holy before their eyes.” (These were the waters of Meribah Kadesh, in the Desert of Zin.)

It was the end of everything for Moses. He had made that one mistake that kept him from moving with the people he had led for 40 years into the Promised Land. God said it was time…he could go up to the mountain and view the land he had brought them too…but then he would be gathered to his people that had already gone to be with the Lord.

I love Moses attitude here…he doesn’t beg or whine or say give me more time.  He says appoint a new leader to take over my job. He wasn’t worried about his own life...but the lives of the rising generation that was moving into God’s promised land.  His last request was all about providing for the people that had become his life’s passion.

I needed the reminder that it’s all about others…not myself. I fail God daily with my selfishness…thinking most of the time about what I need and not what God could provide for others through my resources and service. I need to be more like Moses…and put others first.


Father…thank you for the reminder to be driven by Jesus passion to help others.  Forgive me for the times that I let my selfish needs drive my decisions throughout the day. Help me to draw so close to you that your passion to love and help others overrides any selfish desires I have.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment