Monday, November 28, 2016

God Works All To The Good Of Those That Love Him

Judges 14:3-4 - His father and mother replied, “Isn’t there an acceptable woman among your relatives or among all our people? Must you go to the uncircumcised Philistines to get a wife?” But Samson said to his father, “Get her for me. She’s the right one for me.” (His parents did not know that this was from the Lord, who was seeking an occasion to confront the Philistines; for at that time they were ruling over Israel.)

Samson had his eye on a wife…but his parents did not approve of the Philistine woman. They wanted him to embrace the holy calling on his life and marry a woman of Israelite descent. But Samson was set on this woman that pleased his eye…and insisted they do what he wanted. It’s the next bit of the verse that catches my attention the most though…the part where God was planning to use his seemingly bad choice to begin a move against these people that held the Israelites captive.

It is a very clear example of how God uses all our choices…good or bad to his good and glory.  It is a reminder that sometimes God allows our flesh to make choices that he knows he can use for good at some point in our life. Romans 8:28 is the New Testament promise that confirms it.  It says… “ And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

Truth is…we are all born with a purpose. Some of us invite God into our hearts and embrace it…others live their whole life without ever knowing what wonderful thing he had planned for us. I admit that even though I know God…and try my best some days to get it right… I am still weak like Sampson…messing up more than I get it right.

I needed the reminder this morning… that even when I mess up…God can use my mistake to work some good in the world. I may not always understand it…but the promise of this great fact encourages me to repent quicker… forgive myself when I realize what I have done…so his grace and mercy can take over and give my mess up purpose in his bigger plan.


Father...thank you for the reminder that you love me even when I mess up.  Forgive me for the times that I forget that you are able to use even the choices I make with my weak flesh to your good.  Help me to realize this promise with each sin you convict me of…so that you can begin to work it to the good of all that love you sooner.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment