Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hair Grows Back


Judges 16:22and 26-28   -   But the hair on his head began to grow again after it had been shaved…..   Samson said to the servant who held his hand, "Put me where I can feel the pillars that support the temple, so that I may lean against them."  Now the temple was crowded with men and women; all the rulers of the Philistines were there, and on the roof were about three thousand men and women watching Samson perform.  Then Samson prayed to the LORD, "O Sovereign LORD, remember me. O God, please strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes."

 

Samson had let his lust for beautiful women overcome his soul again. He slept with a prostitute…then became involved in a relationship with a most deceitful woman…Delilah.  She twisted words and begged Samson until he finally revealed the power God had placed in him through his vow to never cut his hair. And so in the night…while he slept…the leaders who sought to take his power….shaved his head …captured him…and put him on public display to humiliate him.

 

It is so comforting to me to know that Samson’s separation from God’s power was temporary.  His hair began growing back the second it had been cut…as the power that had been drained from his soul grew slowly back in his weak body.  God knew all along that he would succumb to satan’s trickery…and slowly restored his soul with a desire to know God’s power in his life again…as he sat blind in the cell that held him captive.

 

Samson’s motives may not have been pure …for he still sought revenge for his blindness…but he did call out to God one last time for the supernatural strength he once had in his body.  Then he trusted God one last time…and collapsed the temple of Dagon…killing 3,000 Philistines…ending his own life as well.

 

No matter what we have done to separate ourselves from God…it is only temporary.  God is always there…restoring what we need to call out to him for restoration…strengthening us…waiting  on us to realize that his power in our lives is just a cry away. And as our metaphorical hair grows back…and we realize that God is still there…waiting on our hearts to convict our heads of the wrong we have done…he silently places back in our lives the tools we need…and the people that we need to finish the job he placed us here to do.

 

Oh father…how I thank  you that no matter what mistakes I make…and how far away my sins take me away from you…you are never really absent from my life.  Thank you for using the time that I am fixed on my own selfish desires … to silently load my heart and mind with the thoughts….scriptures….and people that you know can bring me back to you again.  Help me to cry out to you for restoration…and return to my heart and life with full power to complete the job you placed me here to do. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment