Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Confess Unintentional Sin To God For A Complete Cleaning

Numbers 15:27-28 - But if just one person sins unintentionally, that person must bring a year-old female goat for a sin offering.  The priest is to make atonement before the Lord for the one who erred by sinning unintentionally, and when atonement has been made, that person will be forgiven. 

God gave Moses some very important directions for how to receive forgiveness for unintentional sin. Whether it be an individual …or the whole community…they had to take a specific sacrifice to the priest…so he could make atonement for them to God.

We don’t have to take a goat to a priest to be sacrificed for our sins anymore…the blood Jesus shed on the cross was enough to make atonement for all sins …past or present.  But we do have to admit them to ourselves and God…and ask his forgiveness.  1 John 1:9 says… “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

I needed the reminder that sometimes I sin without realizing it…but as I spend time in prayer…fellowship with other Christians…and Bible study…God brings to my conscious thought that something I have done is sin.  It is at the very instant that I realize….or am convicted of this sin…that I need to drop to my knees and admit to it to myself and God…so he can use that precious blood he shed to cleanse me of it.

My sweet father always puts a phrase in his verbal prayers…no doubt it is a part of every prayer he prays. He always includes the phrase … “forgive us for the many times we fail  you.”  A sweet reminder that we no doubt have some hidden sin…we haven’t even realized is sin yet.


Father…thank you for the reminder that sin in my life can hide from my awareness. Forgive me for the times that I have failed you. Reveal each time to my heart and mind so I can let you cleanse it form my life.  Amen.

through 

No comments:

Post a Comment