Thursday, May 5, 2016

Let God Power Your Thoughts Of The Future

Numbers 13:30-31 - Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.” But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.”

They had traveled so close…close enough to send out 12 spies to search out the land. Under God’s direction…Moses picked one man from each of the twelve tribes and they set out toward the land God had promised t Abraham.

They found it exactly the way God had promised….complete with a culture of people so enormous…and so numerous their confidence shrunk in proportion to them. Only Caleb remembered the mighty acts of God that had brought them this far and confidently reported that they should proceed to take over the land.

It is a reminder to me to never use earthly wisdom and my human standards to make a decision about my future.  God is able to do so much more than my human brain can imagine. His plans for me are to prosper me...not to harm me. I f I can keep my eyes fixed on him…like Caleb did….my future will be hopeful .

I admit that this is hard sometimes…especially when life seems to serve up one problem after another. Job’s battle to stay connected to the one source that could bring him through his mess was not easy or short. He lost so much…his body was spent…physically… and emotionally. But he stayed the whole course of whatever satan dished out to turn his heart against God.  He found a double blessing on the other side of all that God helped him to endure.


Father…thank you for the reminder that you are all we ever need to accomplish anything you call us to do. Forgive me for the times that I have failed you…and given up like all the other spies…before the battle even begins.  Help me to stay focused like Caleb…so I can always see a future vision of what you can do…instead of what my limited human mind conceives.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment