Monday, May 16, 2016

Is God All That You Need?

 Numbers 18:20 - The Lord said to Aaron, “You will have no inheritance in their land, nor will you have any share among them; I am your share and your inheritance among the Israelites.

After God had made it clear to the other Levites that he had chosen Aaron to be high priest…he gave him the details of how each of them was to care for the tent of meeting. Only Aaron and his sons could minister behind the veil...but all the other Levite had specific duties to keep the tabernacle a holy and fitting place for God to reside.

God also made a point to explain to Aaron that they would have no inheritance…no portion of land when they came to Canaan. God had made plans to care for each of them with the tithes and offerings the many Israelites would bring to the tabernacle each day.  They would not need anything else other than what God would provide for them.

As I read this scripture…I found myself asking my heart if God was truly all that I need? AND quickly had to admit that too many times I don’t depend on him completely. I let the pressure of life here on earth …my selfish wants…and my wrong interpretations of what God may be leading be to do…cause me to jump in and take care of things before God has a chance to do what he had planned for me instead.

I needed the reminder to trust God more completely for what HE wants in my life...and let go of many of the preconceived notions of what I think I need. Proverbs 3:5 keeps coming back to my spirit. It says…. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”


Father…thank you for the reminder to trust you more fully for the things that YOU know I need.  Forgive me for interfering with your care of my life with my own ideas and plans. Help me to place ALL my trust in your plan…so your promise to make my life prosperous and never harm me will become my hope for your future.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment