Monday, August 8, 2016

God Is Always With Us...No Matter What

Deuteronomy 30:11-14 -  Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach.  It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?”  Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

Moses speaks a truth here that I had not fully comprehended.  Once we accept and believe in Christ…he places his full power inside of us to do his will. We don’t have to chase after something that we can never attain…it is already inside us. The tricky part is allowing God to develop it into a confidence and courage he can use to make us the best servants we can be for him.

This truth did not change when Christ fulfilled the law. It became even easier.  Christ took the last barrier to eternal life and gave it to all people.  God made all lives matter.  Jesus began to share his power to overcome the world ...beginning with the criminal that hung beside him when he died for our sins.

Paul explains it further in 1 Corinthians 10:13. He said…”No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

What a great reminder that when things seem hard or hopeless…all I have to do is look for the door God left cracked for me to remove myself from it. Life never presents us with only one choice…God always provides his choice…clear enough for us to see when satan has been given any power over our circumstances.


Father…thank you for the reminder that your door is always open an ready to help me fight off any attack or pain that might be crippling my ability to love you and others. Forgive me for failing to search for the door you have left for me when I feel overwhelmed. Open my spiritual eyes wide so I can see it clearly …then give me courage and faith…and wisdom to keep walking toward it till you have shut the door behind me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment