Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Tap Into God's Limitless Power And Courage

Joshua 1:5-6 -  No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.

Joshua was entering a new season of life.  He was no longer the sidekick of Moses…God had made him the leader. God wasted no time speaking to him… breathing the very power into Joshua that Moses had felt at the burning bush. God would be with him just like he had been with Moses…it was all up to Joshua now to bring his best attitude to the picture….so God could make him as courageous and faithful as he had Moses.

God’s promise to Joshua is available to anyone that believes on the name of Jesus Christ.  They were Jesus’ last words before he ascended to heaven to prepare for all who believe. Matthew 28:20 records them… “ Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.”


2 Timothy 1:7 reminds us to take this statement to the highest level of praise…and claim the strength and power promised as well. It says… “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” Hebrews 4:16 reminds us that to keep this power we must let God power and control the courage he places in us …and not let pride puff our humility levels out of whack. It says … “ Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”

I needed the reminder this morning that God can make me stronger than I could ever manage on my own.  He wants all of us to claim the power he has to keep us ever fearless of what the world can throw at us.  He wants us to all become strong…fearless…humble servants like Moses…like Joshua…like Jesus.


Father…thank you for the reminder that you can give me limitless power…courage inexhaustible… and infinite love for those you have placed around us. Forgive me for the times I have let fear rob me of a deeper experience with you.  Rekindle the passion you placed in me the day we met…and help me learn to humble myself into a vessel you can make into all that you need me to be for you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment