Wednesday, September 7, 2016

God Can Handle Anything Life Throws At Us

Joshua 11:5-6  - All these kings joined forces and made camp together at the Waters of Merom to fight against Israel. The Lord said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid of them, because by this time tomorrow I will hand all of them, slain, over to Israel. You are to hamstring their horses and burn their chariots.”

Many of the other kings in the areas left in Canaan joined forces and made an enormous army…as numerous as the sand on the beach. But as soon as Joshua heard of it…God let him know real fast not to be afraid of them. God had a plan that would destroy even this innumerable army in just one 24 hour period.

What a great reminder that God can handle anything that this life throws at us. Nothing is too big for God.  He is bigger…and mightier…and more powerful than anything. He created this world and he controls every tiny detail of it…working it all to the good of those who love him.

The world might seem out of control…even your personal piece of it may be falling apart…but God knows every detail and has allowed it for some greater glory to his kingdom. I admit that it is hard to have faith when things seem their worst…but I believe that is when God teaches us our deepest lessons of how to depend only on him.


Father...thank you for the reminder that all things are in your control and under your power. Forgive me for the times that I let situations get me worried or concerned …failing to trust you fully with all things.  Help me have the faith of Joshua…to know that you will give me detailed instructions of how you plan to glorify yourself through what you allow in my life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment