Monday, April 11, 2016

Ask For More Faith

Luke 17:5 - And the apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.”

Jesus was teaching the disciples about the importance of forgiveness. It was not something that you used once….but as many times as needed to…. an infinite amount. They didn’t reply that that was crazy…they did not say how in the world is that possible.  The disciples prayed a simple prayer….and immediately asked Jesus to increase their faith.

He doesn’t answer them immediately…but we know by reading the book of Acts that all of them were given enough faith to do amazing things after he ascended to heaven and sent his Holy Spirit to help them. They demonstrated to others what God had given them by accepting the hardships that spreading the gospel brought to their lives.

Yesterday I asked God to increase my territory…so it makes sense that the next prayer I should pray is for God to increase my faith as well. Perhaps my lack of faith is the reason I question at all my ability to do the things he asks of me. Jesus constantly said that it was faith that made people whole…. The healing power he used was ineffective unless the person who came to him for healing believed.


Father...thank you for the reminder that my faith is one of the strongest weapons I have against the tricks of satan to weaken my belief in your power to do all things.  Forgive me for the times I lack the faith I need to complete the tasks you need me to complete.  Increase my faith…as you did the disciples…so you can take this common…ordinary old woman… and show her how to do extraordinary things to increase your kingdom.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment