Friday, April 1, 2016

It's Always Time For A Spiritual Cleansing

Leviticus 22:3 -  Say to them: ‘Whoever of all your descendants throughout your generations, who goes near the holy things which the children of Israel dedicate to the Lord, while he has uncleanness upon him, that person shall be cut off from My presence: I am the Lord.

In Moses day…the priest was the people’s connection with God. Only they could go inside the inner tabernacle…only the high priest could go behind the veil to meet with God. It was imperative that they kept themselves spiritually clean…undefiled by breaking any of the statutes God had given them.

When God tore the veil between the inner tabernacle and the Holy of Holies he passed the responsibility of staying spiritually clean to anyone that believes in his name. Jesus addressed the problem when he spoke with the Pharisees in Matthew 23:25-28.  He said to them… "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of robbery and self-indulgence. "You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may become clean also. "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. "So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness

It is a reminder to me that my spirit needs to be cleaned of sin daily…so I don’t run the risk of it separating me from God.  I know from experience that I can do nothing apart from him…so I need to do everything I can to insure that he is always by my side. I have to admit that I was a hypocrite for many years…and struggle daily to keep that pious attitude from creeping back into my life. I want my inside to match my outside...so I guess this year’s spring cleaning will start with an evaluation of my heart and the things that I might need to throw out to be more spiritually pure. Truth be told…I need to do spring cleaning every morning.


Father…thank you for the reminder that my spirit can be damaged and harbor sin that I have long forgotten about. Forgive me for the times that I have cleaned up my outside without thinking of how dirty the inside ha gotten.  Help me to see the hidden sin in my heart that needs to be cleansed away with your precious blood… so nothing can separate me from your love and power. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment