Saturday, May 30, 2015

God's Plans Are Revealed By Knowing Him better Than The World


John 7:3-6 -  and Jesus’ brothers urged him to go to Judea for the celebration.  “Go where more people can see your miracles!” they scoffed.  “You can’t be famous when you hide like this! If you’re so great, prove it to the world!”  For even his brothers didn’t believe in him.  Jesus replied, “It is not the right time for me to go now. But you can go anytime and it will make no difference,

 

Jesus had gone back to His hometown of Galilee for a time.  God had revealed to Him the plot to kill Him…and wanted Jesus to avoid any public confrontations for a while. His brothers however just did not understand.  They wanted Him to go to a more public place and flaunt His powers. Jesus kindly reminded then that it was not time for Him to reveal any more about Himself.

 

Jesus was so confident in His purpose because He stayed in constant contact with God the father.  He knew that being famous was not the reason God had sent Him…the plan God had was not yet ready to be fulfilled. Jesus used the power he had not just to heal and help others…but to know when to wait….when to go…and when to step out in public to show the world God’s real plan to save the world.

 

What a great reminder that God has a plan for all of us.  It is a plan to prosper us…to give us hope for our future…to build the kingdom that we chose to believe in.  If I want the confidence of Jesus to know exactly what to do and when to do it…I must build the same relationship with God the father.  I need to be more careful not to let my human tendency to be swayed by the praise of man move my feet too soon.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you have a big picture for my life….and I only have a small vision of it because I limit my time with you.  Forgive me for thinking that some time…even though it is routine….is enough to build the kind of relationship with you that Jesus had.  Help me to identify more time in my day that I could spend with you…so I can have the confidence that Jesus had to wait on your timing.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment