Sunday, May 24, 2015

Reflect The Light Of The World


John 1:1-5 -  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.  Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

 

John’s poetic description of Jesus goes beyond a physical description of what He looked like. It stretches the creation of His life back to the beginning of time….connects Him to God Himself…then connects Him to the human life that all Christians understand as the light of the world. God did not just crete the physical light that allows our eyes to function...he created the emotional light that allows our hearts to love anything that was created.

 

It is the basis of what I believe.  God created everything.  With God I am everything.  Without God I am nothing. With God I am special and unique and lovable. Without God I am cookie cutter… bland…. intolerable. If I do not believe in God I have no hope for anything.  Since I do believe in God…His Son …. and the Holy Spirit…I have hope for a successful future….I get to use the light He gave the world and shine it for others.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you were in the world before anything else. You made and are everything….and I may use anything you made because you made me as special as you made it. Forgive me for the times I take the creation of the world…and the emotional light you sent to save it from evil for granted.  Help me to reflect more of the light and stop collecting it for myself.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment