Monday, October 19, 2015

Are You Using God's Most Valuable Treasure?

Hebrews 9:27-28 -  And just as it is destined that men die only once, and after that comes judgment, so also Christ died only once as an offering for the sins of many people; and he will come again, but not to deal again with our sins. This time he will come bringing salvation to all those who are eagerly and patiently waiting for him.

The writer of Hebrews takes great care to speak in great detail about the requirements of the old covenant. From the setup of the Temple…to the sprinkling of blood to atone for man’s sin.  He wanted to build a striking contrast to this old system of atonement with the blood that Christ sacrificed on the cross to atone for man’s sin once and for all.

The next time Christ comes it will be in judgement. Those who believe will go to heaven to live forever…those who reject him will be eternally doomed to live in agony in hell. There will be no in between…no I will make a decision later…no I’m just not sure. The fence riding will not be an option anymore.

I love the note in my Life Application Bible this morning.  It simply said that salvation is the most valuable of treasures….The more we use it…the greater its value. What a great promise. If we use it…it erases the fence while we are here on earth….allowing us to benefit from the transformation Christ can do to our heart and life. Perhaps even convincing a few others to believe in the process.


Father…thank you for the reminder of the treasure that is found in your gift of salvation.  Forgive me for the times that I take that treasure for granted…and don’t use it to help others believe.  Show me how to make the most of my salvation…and respect its power to transform and change not just my life…but the lives of all I share my testimony with as well.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment