Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Are You Playing Hide And Seek With God?

Genesis 3:7-9 -    Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings. And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”

Deception…rebellion…and a desire to have more than God gave them set the stage for sin to enter the perfect world God had had made. They knew immediately that they were naked and were driven to cover themselves…so they sewed fig leaves together and fashioned coverings. They were also driven to hide from God as soon as they heard his voice walking in the garden.

It was the first game of hide and seek. Man fully aware that what he had done was wrong and displeasing to the one who made them.  God searching them out…knowing that he was going to have to punish them …send them out of the perfect garden he made for them…and show them the natural consequences of their choice to know the difference in good and evil.

It reminds me of how many times I have played hide and seek with God in my own lifetime…and how very thankful I am that God never leaves us in our hiding spot.  He loves us so much that he never gives up till he finds us and convinces us to let go of our shame…accept the consequence of our choice…and move forward from our mistake.  God did not imprison them in their sinful choice…he sent them out ….provided a way for them to use the knowledge of good and evil they had discovered to make better choices.


Father…thank you for the reminder that you love me so much that you continue to teach me …even when I mess up.  Forgive me for hiding from you…and delaying the lesson that will move me forward from my mistake.  Help me to accept my choices and let you work them into a lesson of hope and love to help me make better choices in my future.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment