Saturday, December 12, 2015

Learn From Noah...Seek God's Peace And Contentment In All Things

Genesis 7:20 – 22 -  The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered. And all flesh died that moved on the earth: birds and cattle and beasts and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, and every man.  All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, all that was on the dry land, died. 

Noah…his wife…and the three sons with their wives floated in the ark for 5 months with thousands of animals.  We are told no other details of their lives during that time. What emotions they had about being saved… or who they had left behind that had died… were not recorded.

I can’t help but conjecture about the way they must have felt. God surely gave them a peace and courage to be able to walk among those animals….and bear such close quarters with each other.  If there were complaints they were not recorded…and must not have interfered with the daily routines of keeping all those animals alive and healthy.

I am reminded of just how blessed the life God has asked me to live.  Even with the things I consider to be hard and tragic...I am one very blessed woman. I have everything I need and more to share with others.  That is exactly what God gave Noah.  They had everything they needed…and enough to start over when God saw fit to recede the waters and allow them to leave that ark.

I am also reminded of how God can give us a peace and contentment for any season of life that he allows in our lives. Everything we go through has a purpose. Everything that happens …perceived to be good or bad…can be used to bring about good when it is given completely to God. That’s how Noah and his family endured the dark inside of a smelly ark for more than 5 months.


Father…thank you for the reminder that you have a master plan and the peace and love to help us put aside our fleshy desires in favor of your great blessings. Forgive me for the times that I allow my selfish desires to cause my heart to grumble and complain about my life.  Help me to search my heart for true thankfulness for all things…perceived good or bad…with a contentment and peace that only you can give.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment