Saturday, December 5, 2015

We Are Only As Strong As We Let God Make Us

Revelation 22:10-11 -    Then he instructed me, “Do not seal up what you have written, for the time of fulfillment is near.  And when that time comes, all doing wrong will do it more and more; the vile will become more vile; good men will be better; those who are holy will continue on in greater holiness.”

As John comes to the end of his vision…the angel makes sure John knows to share all he has seen with everyone he can.  WE may not know the exact date and time…but if John was told he was coming soon…that means we are surely closer than we have ever been to his return.

Perhaps I am not the only one who clings to God’s promises that help keep me strong and positive about this time.  Many of the scriptures are confusing to say the least. But here I fins a most wonderful promise of strength and courage.  The angel said that as much as evil will be increased…so will the believers strength to draw closer to God….to embrace what he really meant to become holy like him.

I am a realist at heart…and have trouble picturing myself strong enough to stand for the things I know I might need too when evil is right next to me. But this scripture promises that I will have the strength I need and more. Perhaps that increase in strength is what Paul felt as he wrote 2 Corinthians 12:9… “But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.”  As long as I realize that I am weak…I can claim the strength of Christ to help me any time I need it.


Father…thank you for the reminder that you are the beginning and the end.  As you began this world in perfection …you will provide that perfect home of constant companionship with you in the end. Forgive me for the times that I have let the world dilute my confidence in myself to be all that you created me to be. Help me to cling to you and build my relationship with you so that you can increase all the weakest areas of my heart to be as strong as you need them to be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment