Friday, March 23, 2012

Doxology


Romans11:33-36  -  Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?" "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?" For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.





My bible called this a doxology…a short hymn of praise to the Lord! I call it an amazing explanation of just how big our God is.  Paul sure doesn’t sell him short…we just will never know everything there is to know about life …God is everything….God controls everything…through him all things have meaning.  Paul is just completely overtaken by the love of God…and thanks be to God that God allowed him to write these beautiful words down and share them with us!





We can try all we want to figure out this crazy world…with all its good and bad days.   Or we can just rest in the knowledge that God has our best interest at hand…and give him glory like Paul for being God.  We will never reach the limits of what he can do for us…we will never understand all of his judgments…we will never know his mind completely. God is God…and we are just his people…created to enjoy the beauty and richness of this Earth he created…not understand every tiny detail of what happens to us while we are here.





From God I have received everything I have ever gotten….through him I will receive anything else in life…I should give everything I own to his service…because in God are all things! Just give him glory and worship him in the depth of who he is….and use the blessings and trials he allows to shape us into creatures that love him more than anything else.  Love him with every ounce of energy he gives me each day!  Gives a whole new meaning to one of my favorite sayings….Thank God its Friday!  Thank God its today…look at the marvelous world around you and see the God who made it just for you to enjoy!





Father…help me to stop like Paul and sing you a doxology more often.  To just marvel at how big and mighty and glorious you are.  To tell you how thankful I am that you made a world so beautiful for me to live and breathe. To tell you that I understand that you are bigger than life itself and I trust you to take care of me.  Forgive me for trying to put limits on you and trying to figure out the details of life that only you can understand. Forgive me for not telling you everyday just how much I love you and to thank you for loving me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment