Monday, March 26, 2012

Thank You God!


Romans 16: 25-27 -  Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past,  but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him--  to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.





The last words of a most heartening letter…giving glory to the father who helped him write every word of encouragement…and inspiration…Paul closes this letter to the Roman churches with a lengthy list of the ones who helped him and nourished him along his travels.  Some were new converts….some missionaries…some members of new churches...some were relatives…some were his dear friends….but all were brothers and sisters in Christ.  He called us to greet all with love and help them in any way we can….but to guard carefully against those that would begin to tear down God’s work in false teaching.





Good advice…to stop and thank those that have helped you find the best friend you ever had…to tell others to greet the ones who showed you the love of Christ and taught you from his word the truth of Jesus.  For God will establish us all as his ambassadors…to be friends to the lost and lonely…to carry his word to the dying and lost…to reveal his word to the new Christian….to work at his command….to share his gospel to all. Like a great relay race…we must all carry the baton at some point.  We must pick up the cause of Christ and do our part in showing his love to everyone.  And in the end….give all the glory to God!





The list of people I need to thank for my training and encouragement would fill a book.  My family…the many friends I have met in numerous towns as I moved many times in my life…the church families that I worshiped in along the way…memories of the sweet people who helped shape me bring strength to me even now…even if the names of some are lost to my old brain.  The most recent are no more important to me than the ones who taught me in preschool classes…all the great lessons combine in my heart and soul to make me a stronger person in Christ…they have built in me a resolve to always persue a deeper relationship with the mighty God who gives me life and breath each morning.





Thank you God ….for the hundreds…no …probably thousands of people that you have sent my way to teach and train me.  I wish that I could send them all a sweet letter like Paul…to tell them how much they have meant to me.  Bless each one father…bless them as they touch other lives …as they encouraged me…..as I know they continue to encourage others each day.  Help me be a light to someone…to show your love as Paul did…to help the ones you will send to me to encourage…to help them any way I can. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment