Thursday, March 29, 2012

God's Workers


1 Corinthians 3:6-9 - I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow.  So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.  The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.





Paul was trying to help the new Christians understand that men are merely the vessels of God’s word. They were fighting over which preacher was best…attaching themselves …their faith…to the ‘man’ who taught them. He wanted them to understand that no man is greater or smarter than another...in fact….we are nothing.   We can only understand what God reveals to us at any given time.  We may plant the first wisdom of the gospel…or explain a deeper understanding of a verse we have read many times…but God controls it all. The wisdom of the bible is God’s wisdom…our faith is in Christ…not the man who teaches us.





I love to read inspiration books.   I have come quite attached to the books of Max Lucado. God placed his works in my hands at just the right time to help me heal.  His books are full of “God’s” wisdom…..specifically written for those of us that have been hurt and battered by life.  God has blessed so many preachers and writers…Joyce Myers…Beth Moore….Charles Stanley….Paul…Luke….John.  Each ‘person’ was given what they were given by ‘God’ …for a specific purpose….a planter….or a waterer says Paul.  God takes the seed and the water and puts it together…in his time…so that we can grow and become strong.  My faith…my healing came from God…he just used Max’s books to help me…cause they were written in just the right words for me.





Father I thank you for the seeds that my sweet parents and Sunday School teachers planted so long ago.   I thank you that those seeds that I buried and let go dormant for so many years were once again placed in dirt…and watered by Max and Beth…and Paul. Thank you for allowing those seeds to once again grow…guard their growth ….keep them strong…..and keep amazing me with just how mature a plant you can make me.  Help me be patient while you prune and trim my branches into the plant you need to do your work…even though the process is sometimes painful. .Amen   

No comments:

Post a Comment