Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lessons

Ephesians 1: 17  - Ephesians 1: 17 - I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious father, give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, so you may know him better!

What a great wish! I love Paul's sweet heart! I want to claim this for myself....in spite of the way Satan fights our ability to increase in God's power.

More to follow
Prayer to follow!

*Alas...my computer is really sick...lol! It has been such a good friend. I had to type ....no copy and paste....on my tiny phone....and be limited to 420 characters an update....what a battle. I just had to process and write ...in spite of the difficulty.

**Father...I thank you this morning for Paul's wish.....and your love that allows me to increase in knowledge of you daily. Walk with me today....and every day as you open my eyes to the great wisdom in your word. I thank you also this morning for my phone....that allows me to type my thoughts to you....and share with my friends. Amen!

                        **************************************************


*Just an added note (written Saturday afternoon at the library….cause the computer is still being worked on…lol!) to remind me why this page is so different from my other posts….and an explanation to those administrators who might have missed my post yesterday…I never figured out how to share my post on the many pages I usually do each morning.

Once we make a commitment to something we must really try as hard as we can to honor that promise.  I woke up Friday to a computer that absolutely would not turn on ...no matter what I tried.  I can not tell you how devastated I was that God would not just pull out his supernatural powers and fix it on the spot so I could give him all kinds of glory for it.  I know in my heart that he has charged me to write…and could not understand why he would take away my medium for writing. Instead...it became a test of obedience…a lesson in flexibility…and a reminder that sometimes God’s plan is bigger than our own…(as if I should not have learned all of these lessons already…lol!)

Amazing to me that this scripture…this day is what he chose for me!  Reveal your wisdom…reveal yourself…no matter what! When trials come our way…even simple things like a computer dying….ask for wisdom to find a way to be obedient in spite of your difficulty.  Ask God to reveal himself in new ways so you have more than one trick in your bag to get you through the day.

I simply could not go about my day…without processing what I read Thursday night.  I had to write down what I thought God was saying to me and write a prayer of thankfulness that he woke with me that day.  So I pulled out the phone….with internet capabilities...and typed my post….took twice as long….only to have to erase it to 420 characters…and add comments for my additional thoughts and prayer.  So now I write an additional prayer of thanks to the God who helps us find answers in spite of difficulties….as Philippians 4:3 says….I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Father…I am amazed in all the ways you find to love me…in spite of all that I do to mess up.  I thank you so much for the promise you made to me…to always be there … to help me no matter what.  Thank you for tests of obedience that teach me to be flexible and look to you for all my answers.  Thank you for wisdom that helps me know that sometimes less is more.  Thank you for transforming me day by day into a new creature…bold….courageous and always mindful of how life is not on a fixed schedule.  Go with me this afternoon and help me to rely more and more on you and your wisdom and love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment