Monday, April 16, 2012

Simply God


Galatians 1: 11-16 - I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many Jews of my own age and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased  to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man,



Paul was concerned for his friends…his church that he loved.  He saw them seeking favor because of the laws they followed…he saw them trying to earn power from the rules they obeyed.  He had been where they were….he was one of them.  He kept the laws better than anyone…and even went to great lengths to punish those who failed to follow the many laws that man had made more important than the God who gave them to Moses.



Paul’s testimony was his power.  He simply states here…the condition God found him in…the way he spoke directly to his sin…and what God required him to do once he believed.  His power came from God….his power came from the one who knocked him to the ground…blinded him…and gave him time to pray to the father…to repent…to allow his mind to accept the truth of the gospel….but the message came from Jesus himself!  Acts 9: 4-5  says, “ He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."



We all have a message…if we believe in Christ.  We all have a story of how God found us …deep in sin….how he got our attention…spoke to our heart…and then changed us. Our hope does not come from any man…it comes from the father who saved us…who spoke to our soul…who loved us enough to die on that cross and sacrifice himself to save us all. That message…when spoken to others is power ….God’s power to share his love with others….to go….to be his vessels in a world that seeks for love in man.



Father...I thank you anew this morning for the love you showed me that day that I was 14. My Damascus road was not as dramatic…yet you spoke to me softly that day…you convinced me to believe in you and I am so thankful to you for that. Forgive me Lord for all the years I sought to please people…for the years I searched here on Earth for contentment and peace…and forgot that day I told you I loved you and would serve you no mater what.  Thank you for allowing me to read this passage….this morning…and reminding me that you have placed me here in this time and season to work for you…to please only you…to love you more than I even love myself. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment