Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Testimony


Exodus 10:1-3 -  Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go in to Pharaoh; for I have hardened his heart and the heart of his servants, that I may show these signs of mine among them,  and that you may tell in the hearing of your son and of your son's son how I have made sport of the Egyptians and what signs I have done among them; that you may know that I am the LORD."  So Moses and Aaron went in to Pharaoh, and said to him, "Thus says the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, 'How long will you refuse to humble yourself before me? Let my people go, that they may serve me. 

Moses had to be very tired by now….and the Lord must have seen his frustration. This was the eighth time he had to go tell Pharaoh of yet another plague God was sending to show his power. Pharaoh was a stubborn man… a greedy liar…not wanting to lose his slaves. So God gives Moses a little pep talk…and includes one reason he has made the Israelites wait.  He tells Moses to make sure that he remembers well these days of power….and tells the sons and son’s sons of all to come…all about the supernatural signs he is doing in Egypt...to prove that he is the most powerful God that exists.

So great the stories of these days must have been that they are mentioned other places in the bible.  King David mentions the plagues of Egypt in his 78th Psalm.  He begins that section of the psalm with these powerful words in verse 42-43, “  They did not keep in mind his power, or the day when he redeemed them from the foe;  when he wrought his signs in Egypt, and his miracles in the fields of Zo'an.” Joshua tells the story in Joshua 24… the writer of 1 Samuel 4 mentions it….and Moses recants it to the people as he gives them the Lords commandments concerning feasts in Leviticus 23:42-43.

And just as God did great things for the people of Israel….he does great things for us too. It would take days…months….even years for me to list all the great things he has done for me. So good and kind and loving and merciful is God. So like his father is Jesus to give his life to save me. So comforting and empowering is the spirit he sent to help me until his return someday to call me home to heaven.  He proves his love to me every moment of every day with gifts of love that I truly do not deserve. The words of Chris Tomlin’s great song ring in my head…How can I ever stop singing his praise….how can I ever say enough….how amazing is the love that God gives us every day.  How can we ever think that silence is appropriate for this great God…why am I not singing his praise every moment of every day? Oh how I need to share his story with others more! Oh how I need to share the great testimony of grace and love he put in my heart the many days that he lifted me up and carried me through my own darkness...even though I was stubborn like Pharaoh.

Father….I thank you that you have given me a testimony.  Let me never forget what you have done for me and share it with my children and grandchildren. Let me share it with my friends….let me share it with all those who I meet each day. Give me a boldness to speak for you….give me the discernment to know just which testimony will help them….empower me to do the work you have placed me here to do….sharing your gospel to all that I know and meet…so that more people will be added to your kingdom…and heaven will be more crowded! Amen.
*Link to the Chris Tomlin song on Youtube if you don’t know it! http://youtu.be/WEzEbtA9ba8

No comments:

Post a Comment