Saturday, December 20, 2014

Be willing To Learn


Daniel 12:8-10 -  I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, "My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?"  He replied, "Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end.  Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

 

Daniel’s last words to us were an admission that even though he had spent many hours with God in prayer…brought vivid visions in his dreams….and been told he was favored by God…he still had trouble grasping the full meaning of the dreams and messages God gave him. He knew the end of the story…but all its great outcome was still hidden to his humble heart.  His only hope was to remain one of the faithful to the very end…so wisdom could open the meaning of everything he had seen in God’s timing.

 

It is a reminder to me that I never know everything I am supposed to know until God reveals it to me.  I must remain in a routine of prayer…constant study of the word he left us….and request often that he unveil what I need to know to remain a humble servant till the day he allows me passage to Heaven. I must be willing at all times to learn.  God will tell us what we need to know…when we need to know it….not always when we want it.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that God has perfect timing. Forgive me for the times that I try to speed him up…or slow him down.  Help me to accept and be willing to learn from every moment he plans out for me…to listen to others he sends my way to shape my thoughts…to open my ears as wide as possible during times of study….and just sit in quietness every once in a while to see if God needs to talk to me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment