Saturday, December 6, 2014

Worship Everywhere...And Every Day!


Ezekiel 46:1-2 - " 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: The gate of the inner court facing east is to be shut on the six working days, but on the Sabbath day and on the day of the New Moon it is to be opened.  The prince is to enter from the outside through the portico of the gateway and stand by the gatepost. The priests are to sacrifice his burnt offering and his fellowship offerings. He is to worship at the threshold of the gateway and then go out, but the gate will not be shut until evening.

 

God gave Ezekiel some detailed instructions for worship at the Temple he had shown him. They included when to worship as well as what to offer in sacrifices each appointed time. The instructions even included how to enter and leave when they came to worship.

 

This Temple was obviously used before the Messiah came to offer the last sacrifice ever needed to atone for human sins.  Even he came as a baby…but left a young man….fully human and yet fully God.  He changed the way we worship…but not the need to come into the presence of God. 

 

I am reminded that worship has a purpose.  It is a two way interaction with the God that gave us life and salvation.  We come before him to show our humility and gratitude…and he fills us up with hew hope …strength…and courage to continue to search for his will in our lives.  We fall to our knees with thankful hearts…and he powers us to find his purpose for saving us in the first place.

 

Worship can be so casual that we can do it anywhere…any time.  Worship can also be so formal that its very structure helps to make the experience more special. But no matter how and where we worship…it should always have a routine and rhythm that shows God that we are serious…and want what he provides to keep us spiritually happy and complete.

 

I will admit that I do better with worship when it is structures and formal….and within the walls of a church that God has blessed for that purpose. I can also feel God’s presence deeply when I am close to water…like a beach or a river.  I struggle to worship in my own home…but could not begin to analyze why. Perhaps this scripture is a call to broaden my Bible study and prayer time at home to include a time of worship.

 

Father…I thank you for the reminder that worship is something I must do every day…no matter where I might be at the time.  Forgive me for not realizing sooner in my life that I must find a way to humbly come before you and worship everywhere I go…every day.  Help me to broaden my routines of Bible study and prayer to include a pure time of worship each day.  Use that time to give me new strength and power to fight the unhealthy moments of life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment