Monday, December 1, 2014

Make Your Holiest Place Your Heart


Ezekiel 41:3-4 Then went he inward, and measured the post of the door, two cubits;  and the door, six cubits;  and the breadth of the door, seven cubits.   So he measured the length thereof, twenty cubits;  and the breadth, twenty cubits, before the temple:  and he said unto me, This is the most holy place

 

Ezekiel’s vison continued with a tour of the innermost rooms of the Temple.  The angel guide was silent most of the tour…but spoke when they reached the innermost room. He called it the … ‘Most Holy Place.’

 

Ezekiel was already well aware of this room….visited only once a year by the high priest.  It was a place of pure …intimate worship…between God and the priest who was privileged to hold the title of high priest when it was time to offer the yearly sacrifice for the entire nation. But the room Ezekiel described was just a bit different…for it only mentioned one wooden table.  Absent from all the other descriptions of this room was the ark of the covenant…and the altar that might have been used for the sacrifice.

 

I can’t help but think that this peek God gave Ezekiel of the Holy Of Holies in his vison was a prophecy of the changes the Messiah would bring. When Jesus made the last sacrifice needed to atone for any sin…the veil…a simple curtain barrier that Ezekiel knew …was torn from top to bottom.  God allowed Ezekiel to see how the Lord was going to open a way for all men to make their heart … ‘The Most Holy Place.’ 

 

Our heart becomes the place for all of us who believe in Christ…to experience God’s full presence…and customize the innermost room he wants us to use in sharing  intimate …pure worship time with him. We need no high priest other than Christ to intercede on our behalf….for it is God’s plan that we each have an individual relationship with him.

 

Father…thank you for reminding me that my heart is your home…and it needs to be the most holy place I have access to.  Forgive me for the times that I not kept my heart as holy as it could be.  Help me to visit as often as I can with you so you can help me keep it more holy.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment