Monday, June 1, 2015

Be Bold...Testify And Give God All The Glory


John 9:35-39 -  When Jesus heard what had happened, he found the man and said, “Do you believe in the Messiah?”  The man answered, “Who is he, sir, for I want to.”  “You have seen him,” Jesus said, “and he is speaking to you!”  “Yes, Lord,” the man said, “I believe!” And he worshiped Jesus. Then Jesus told him, “I have come into the world to give sight to those who are spiritually blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind.”

 

Jesus had healed a blind man on the Sabbath and caused a stir in the ring of Pharisees again. They couldn’t find Jesus so they berated and harassed the blind man and his parents.  The parents chose their words carefully as to not offend the leaders…but the healed man spoke out boldly…choosing to embrace the power with which he had been healed. He testified of what God had done through Jesus….even if it meant being excommunicated from the temple forever.

 

Jesus knew he was going to cause a great stir among the hypocritical leaders.  He had even told the disciples that sin had not caused this man’s blindness. It was allowed in his life so that Jesus could show the world God’s power to do anything he wanted.  Jesus even chose to go back to this man and commend him for his boldness…revealing his true identity after he was berated so furiously.

 

It is a great reminder to me to be bold and never pass up a chance to give credit to God for what he has done for me. It is a reminder to me that boldness sometimes incurs ridicule….disbelief and persecution. God will use my testimony to help more people join the kingdom …making the few that give me a hard time inconsequential. I have seen the end of this great Bible I study each day…and God wins the battle.

 

Jesus words to the disciples right before he healed the blind man are just as important today as they were to those 12 men.  He said that we should carry out the task God sent us here to do quickly…the end will be here before we know it…and all work will end with that day. I can’t let the guilt of waiting till I was 50 to become a passionate believer of Christ stop me from the task of testifying for God every chance I get now. Just one more child added to the kingdom is worth any hard time I go through to do it.

 

Father….thank you for the reminder that you have sent me here to do something for you.  Forgive me for all the time I wasted being selfish and pharisaic.  Help me to be bold and courageous…working quickly with the time you allow me to stay on earth….choosing to share and testify about what you have done for me at any time. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment