Tuesday, June 26, 2012

God's Testimony...My Testimony


1 John 5: 9-12 -  We accept man's testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son.  Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.  And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

John makes it simple…we either believe in God or we don’t! If we believe in God we have life. John says that God gives us eternal life…through his son’s death and resurrection. He comes to live in our heart and gives each of us a testimony …a story of what he has done for us and how it changed our life. But how often do we think about the fact that we wouldn’t have a testimony if God had not chosen to share his son to give us life?  God’s testimony….the sending of his precious son to live as a human…raised by sweet Mary and Joseph…taught by priests in the temple….praying to the father on mountains…modeling for us how to heal and teach others…living out the will of his father even unto death on a cross so that God could raise him to the glorious seat of honor on his right side.  This is the basis for my faith! This is the reason I have a testimony to share with others.

My testimony is hard to condense to a short devotional….but I will try. As a 14 year old girl…I gave my heart to Jesus at a youth rally. ..but I had been taught since birth who God was and what he could do for me. I was even dunked at 7…but never really asked God to be my Savior then. I lived to be a servant and help out in every ministry I could….but as an adult I learned that my focus for serving was more about what I got out of it rather that what God gained from my work. I tell people now I lived a selfish life…I call that period my ‘fake’ Christian time of life.  One day I lost a husband to divorce…and God began to speak to me about my selfishness. I even started to study the bible and pray on a regular basis. He even blessed me with a second husband….but that was a gift short lived as I gave him back up to God just one short month after we were married. The loss of that sweet gift …my sweet Mitchell…drove me straight into God’s arms…and I began to really search…read my bible with intent.  It has been a most precious journey…almost two years of reading and writing what God revealed to me each morning…posting on facebook…and even starting a blog…     wakingupwithgod.blogspot.com   …. a few months ago. The reading of that bible…it gave me life…real life that has purpose…God has transformed me into a servant…that wants others to believe in him like I do! Amazing how God’s testimony has transformed my testimony into a story of life…a story of never give up…of helping others find him too! I look forward to that eternal home some day…but I relish more the abundant life he helps me live each day…because I let him give me strength…and power to keep searching for his will here on Earth.

Father…I thank you for the testimony you shared with the world in your bible. Thank you for sharing your son…for giving him the strength to walk in your will every day and drink from the cup of death that gives me life today. Thank you for the strength to get up every morning and search for your will for me.  Forgive me for the time I let Satan trick me into just being here…not really living…just existing from day to day.  Never let me let go of your hand…help me to keep walking side by side with you …and relish each day you give me to share your testimony with others…so that they too will believe in you…and have life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment