Sunday, June 3, 2012

Our Sanctuary


Hebrews 8:1-2 – The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in Heaven, and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not man.



When Jesus died on that cross and saved me from all the atrocious sins he knew I would commit in my lifetime…he changed the whole system people used to ask God to forgive them.  I no longer have to offer a sacrifice through a priest…He became my sacrifice and my high priest…and when we accept his love for us and ask him to live in our hearts…we become his temple.



I am trying to wrap my naive human brain around that one as I write….cause my concept of a temple includes a building…a place where one might gather to sing praises to the father…a place where I go to fellowship with other Christians and study and worship. This scripture says once I accept him…once I ask him to live in my heart…that I become his sanctuary. 



I had to look this one up...and quickly found Exodus 25:8 , “ And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I might dwell among them.” God has been trying to teach us how to turn our hearts into his sanctuary since Moses’ day …amazing!  Jesus takes this imperfect human flesh and transforms it with his love… and the heart that he enters…changed forever to love him back becomes his temple…a heart where his loves teaches our brains new ways of thinking…and the temple we live in refuses to do it any way other that the way Jesus taught us.



Father..help me today to really understand that I am your church…I am the temple that you live in and I need to keep it pure and holy…so it will be a place worthy of your residence.  Thank you for this wonderful reminder that the shell where I go to worship on Sunday houses many individual temples…each one housing the wonderful love that you shared with me when you saved me.  Father …help me to keep my temple holy and pure …write your laws on my brain and allow the truth of their purity overflow in everything I do and say.  Dwell in my heart in ever increasing amounts…and let your love spread through everything I do and say. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment