Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fully Belong To God


Song Of Solomon 6:1-3 -  Where has your lover gone, most beautiful of women? Which way did your lover turn, that we may look for him with you?  My lover has gone down to his garden, to the beds of spices, to browse in the gardens and to gather lilies. I am my lover's and my lover is mine; he browses among the lilies.

 

Solomon s careful to let us know how highly esteemed the Shulamite woman is that he has fallen so deeply for. All of his haram respect and love her like he does. When he leaves to check on one of his gardens…they all offer to go down and help her find him.

 

Something caught my attention as I read this chapter. The woman says that they … ‘belong to each other’.  Her attraction to him is not merely physical…but spans the wide array of emotions…linking them heart….soul…and body to each other.

 

Once again….since I have no mate to belong too….I find myself thinking about the love I should have for the father.  I have entertained the thought that I belong to him before.  All I have is from him and should be used to glorify him.   But I never really thought that God belonged to me. But I guess that is one way to understand how very much he loves us.  He is always there…ready to do what I need...he has ever let me down. He loved me so much that he gave his son to die to save my sins.

 

Jesus told us himself in Luke 10:27…. “He answered, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.”  He loves us that way…so it just makes sense for us to love him the same way.  I can’t think of a better thing to share with others than this great love that is so much deeper than I have ever realized before.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that a relationship is a two way street. I belong to you…and you belong to me.  Help me to use the deep love you give me each day to help others.  Show me how to share you so that the most people around me can benefit from knowing you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment