Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Truest Form of Love



Song Of Solomon 1:7-8 -  Tell me, you whom I love, where you graze your flock and where you rest your sheep at midday. Why should I be like a veiled woman beside the flocks of your friends?  If you do not know, most beautiful of women, follow the tracks of the sheep and graze your young goats by the tents of the shepherds.

 

Song Of Solomon…an intimate poem…even provocative at times…written by the wisest king ever to live. It models for us the truest form of love…between a man and woman…who wait till their wedding bed to share the physical and emotional bond of sex.

 

It is a hard book for me to read….finding myself single…not once after a divorce…but twice after my second love was called too soon to Heaven. I procrastinated this morning…doing silly things to waste time…not readily seeing what this book could offer the single woman. All my heart could do was reflect on the failure of my first marriage…..and long for more time with the second.

 

Perhaps the reminder this morning….is that I need to focus more on the present…and what God has to offer me as a single woman. It is a call to stay pure…to stay more focused on God than searching for a mate. It is a call to wait ...perhaps there will be another one that I long to follow to a field.  Perhaps God will let someone look my way and want me like Solomon wanted her. It is a call to leave the past in the past and look forward to the future of hope that God has planned for me.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you have forgiven me for the mistakes of the past.   Thank you for the 30 years with my children’s father…for I love the three wonderful children we had very much.Thank you for letting me experience the wonderful love of Mitchell…for I might not have had any time with him at all. Forgive me for living too much in the past.  Help me to live in the present….and keep my eyes and ears ….and heart focused on you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment