Sunday, June 1, 2014

God's Love is The Cure For Hopelessness


Ecclesiastes 9:3 - It seems so tragic that one fate comes to all. That is why people are not more careful to be good. Instead, they choose their own mad course, for they have no hope. There is nothing ahead but death anyway.

 

Solomon sneaks a verse into this chapter that helps explain the reason people who don’t believe in God have no hope.  They see only the earthly time we spend on the Earth…they have no vision of God’s future for their lives.

 

Those of us that believe in God can claim the promise of Jeremiah 29:11…. “For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”  We know that this earth is only a temporary place to live…while God prepares our place in Heaven.

 

It reminds me how important it is to tell others about God. We might be their only chance to hear about the great love of God that will change their outlook on the hopelessness they feel without him.  It reminds me that my priorities should be finding ways to share the great things God has done for me…just because he loves me.

 

Father…..thank you for taking away the hopelessness I felt before knew you.  Forgive me for taking your love and promise of hope for granted some days…and not sharing it with others.  Help me to find ways to share your love….so others can shed teir hopelessness too. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment