Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ask God To Clear Up Your Confusion


1 Kings 20:13-14 -   Meanwhile a prophet came to Ahab king of Israel and announced, "This is what the LORD says: 'Do you see this vast army? I will give it into your hand today, and then you will know that I am the LORD.' "  "But who will do this?" asked Ahab. The prophet replied, "This is what the LORD says: 'The young officers of the provincial commanders will do it.' " "And who will start the battle?" he asked. The prophet answered, "You will."

 

The Lord allowed several enemies to rise against Israel….for he wanted to teach them that he alone was God. King Ahab was too eager to give in at first….quickly agreeing to give all his wives and children to the king of Syria.  But he reached his limit…and God sent a prophet to confirm that he was doing the right thing by setting boundaries.  It was in this moment of confusion that God sent another prophet to clarify and give more details for the victory he was going to give Israel.

 

It confirms my belief that confusion is clearly an emotion that is not of God.  1 Corinthians 14:33 says …. “For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints.” It was Paul who wrote these great words for a church that was still struggling with the confusion of satan… his words of clarity give me such hope for the future….as 1 Corinthians 13:12 say…. “ For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.”

 

King Ahab started out with the right idea…he did ask God a few important questions about how they would win a battle against such a large army….but them he slacked off…and let the king of Syria go free.  He choice put a curse of death on his life…an exchange explained by the prophet as his life for the life he set free. 

 

It reminds me to use my whole Bible…and not just pick and choose the pieces I like the best.  Jesus told us in one of his great sermons recorded in Matthew to seek and ask so he could give us the good things he has planned for us.  Matthew 7:7 says….  "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”  That makes it pretty clear to me. The answer is there…if I just ask God where to find it.

 

Father…I thank you for this story that reminds me that you are a God of wisdom and knowledge.  Help me to remember the promises of your great word… that says you have all the answers I need ..if I stop each time  I feel confused and ask you to clear the chaff satan has placed there to confuse me. Help me father to know that you alone are God…and you have the power to clear up any and all confusion satan has placed in my mind. Open my mind to the clearest answers you have prepared for my current struggles…and give me the wisdom to know how to interpret the words I find. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment