Saturday, June 1, 2013

We Need Jesus To Keep Out Evil


1 Kings 16: 1-3 - The word of the Lord came to Jehu son of Hanani against Baasha, saying,  "Since I exalted you out of the dust and made you leader over my people Israel, and you have walked in the way of Jeroboam, and have caused my people Israel to sin, provoking me to anger with their sins,  therefore, I will consume Baasha and his house, and I will make your house like the house of Jeroboam son of Nebat.

 

King after king after king… let the evil of the world consume their hearts… until God sent prophets to declare their removal from the world.  The anger they stirred in God’s heart …because they led so many people astray…. caused him to be harsh with them.  Whole families were allowed to be destroyed…even the friends of them….all who had bowed down to Baal…or Asherah…. or any other idol…. were removed from the picture entirely.

 

No wonder God decided to send his own son to fix the problem.  It must have broken his heart every time the cycle of sin repeated itself…. he had to send his son to die on that cross… to keep his promise to Noah. He had told him after the first attempt to destroy the evil with a flood that he would never do that again.

 

Thank God for Jesus and his choice to walk the way of God. God knew that his son would be the only human that would have the strength and resolve …to do what it took to save the world from the grasp of satan’s evil.  Jesus…with a genetic piece of God’s own heart…would be able to walk the hard road to the cross and die for all our sins.

 

Makes me feel so guilty…when it should make me feel empowered.  I sit most days thinking of myself and my own needs….when I should be calling out to God to tell me what I need to do for him today. He gave me the same spirit he gave Jesus the day I asked him to live in my heart…and I don’t use near the capacity the father intended me too. 

 

Father… it amazes me that you love me in spite of my lack of resolve and passion.  You bless me each day with new life and friends… and new understanding of your word. You wake me to give me another chance to follow you more passionately….and learn to be more in tune with your will for my life than satan’s selfish worldly ways.  Help me to keep evil out of my heart…and let you flood it with love and service for others. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment