Thursday, July 12, 2012

Courage and Faith


Revelation 13: 8-10 and 16-18 -  All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world. He who has an ear, let him hear. If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed. This  calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints………..  He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.



I am glad that I read verse 8 carefully…my name is in that book…I am sure of it! It is the only thing that can protect me…seal me …from this horrible day John saw with his own eyes that will come….the day when all men will bow down and worship Satan.  This chapter paints a picture of trickery that has never before been seen….Satan will appear to all men as the God each individual believes in….and those of us that are left….who believe in God….  will be so thoroughly convinced that we will believe we are in the presence of Jesus himself . Patience and faithfulness will go out the window for most of us…because it will easier for us to believe the lie….than to endure the sure death that will result if we reject the beast.



I’m not worried…for I remember those great words of Paul…from 2 Corinthians 5:8… where he said, “We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.” I also remember that courageous girl from Columbine High School….who looked in the eyes of her executioner…and proclaimed loudly that she indeed was a saved soul of God. Of course I hope to be raptured up before my faith is tested….Many scholars and studies say the church will already be gone when all of this comes to pass…but just in case…I want that kind of confidence in my Lord too…to be so sure of my salvation and record in that book that I can say no to the beast…if he asks me to take that mark….and close my eyes and see heaven as I am martyred for my faith in God. 



Oh father….I praise you this morning …just for who you are. I thank you that you gave your son for me…and placed people in my life to show me the way to your cross. Make me strong and courageous like that girl from Columbine…who was certainly in your arms the moment she reopened her eyes in heaven after proclaiming who she belonged too. Give me a strong faith like Paul…that will shout form every place I am sent to that Iife with you in Heaven will be greater than anything available to me here on Earth. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment