Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pure Praise and Worship

Revelation 19: 5-10 - Then a voice came from the throne, saying: "Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, both small and great!" Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns.  Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.  Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear."  Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God."  At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

Praise ….blessings…honor…these are the words that ring in my heart as I read this chapter.  It must have been something to behold...as John heard a great roar from a multitude of angels in Heaven…the 24 elders that sit on the thrones next to God….the 4 living creatures who cry holy …holy…holy every moment of the day…and the call comes from Heaven for all on Earth to behold and praise the son of God as he makes his entry on a radiant white horse…all praising God for the day that evil would be banished from our world…and the son of God would reign the Earth. Even the angel who gave John this vision…knew who to worship…knew that he deserved nothing for completing the job he was given to do.

Oh how I wish I could do that now….you know…not have to wait to learn how to enter into his glorious presence and give him the praise he truly deserves….just stay there…all the time. My world …it is so full of distractions…because evil is still here...Satan constantly trying to block the visions of pure praise that John was allowed to write about.  Reminds me of those football games I watched my sons play for many years.  The offense would get the ball and try so hard to move it down the field to make a touchdown…and sometimes it was easy. The crowd would cheer and shout…and scream…and dance…and taunt the other side with their accomplishment.  But many nights…I would watch the other side racked up the points...and laugh and taunt my boys with their higher score. Satan is like that you know…always trying to make us fumble the ball that God gave us to run with…always messing with our minds and making us think we are less than we really are….trying to keep us from dancing and singing praise to the father.

Another thought came to my heart as I read last night. I have allowed myself to think for years that when I die my Earthly home would be of no importance to me anymore.  My home in heaven will be just what I need…and provide a 24/7 atmosphere of worship and praise to the Lord who saved me and gave me the home I will reside in up there. But this passage offers me a new thought…Jesus…in his splendor and brilliance…will ride a  great white horse onto Earth to wed his bride….and I will be invited! All in attendance will watch as Satan and his false prophet are cast into a lake of burning sulfur…along with all his tricks and evil ways….forever! I will return to Earth with him…and share in this rebuilding of the temple of worship of Earth. I am trying not to peek…cause I know what is coming in my heart…God is going to fix the Earth…cause it  says he will remove all the evil…cast every last bit of it into a lake of burning sulfur!

I will be so awe struck at his presence…so overwhelmed with the need to worship him…as he spreads a banquet of splendor before me….and gives me …and everyone else who was invited..a new fine linen garment to wear. It will be perfect…a feast to outdo any Thanksgiving covered dish lunch I have ever eaten…a meal that will be paired with some mighty fine church.  I can just hear the shouts of praise…the Hallelujah’s…the holy…holy…holy’s...the amen’s….the pure worship of the son of God as he begins his reign on the Earth. Such music…such praise…such true worship will be a new experience…for I am sure…even though I have experienced some great worship before..this will be far greater than my Earthly eyes and ears have ever encountered before.

Father…I thank you that you have allowed John to paint with your words the awesome scene of your wedding feast.  I thank you that I will be invited…because you saved me and showed me mercy when you died on the cross for me. Help me learn to praise you as these heavenly creatures did that day now.  Show me how to keep the Devil from stealing my joy and trickling me into accepting less than you have planned for me.  Show me how to embrace you….your presence and glory…show me how to use the vision of my invitation to the greatest feast imaginable to fuel a passion to spread your word here on earth. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment