Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Two Witnesses


Revelation 11:3-6 - And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.



You really need to read this whole book...then research in some commentaries to even begin to understand the power these two witnesses God will choose to give ALL power too. They will breathe fire…shut up the sky from raining…turn water to blood…bring plagues of all kinds.  I thought I had somehow opened Exodus by mistake and reread part of Moses’ story…but this will all happen at the end. 1,260 days…of power will allow these two witnesses to reign with no harm….till the beast is released from the abyss.



The beast will end their power….and the world will be so happy that they will lay their bodies in the street…to allow men to gloat over their death. For 3 ½ days…..they will lie in the street and be desecrated….then the mighty power of God will raise them from the dead…and the fear struck in men will linger in their hearts as they are ascended to heaven.



The commentaries I read….said that Malichi 4:5 led many bible scholars to believe that Elijah would be sent back to finish his life for those 1,260 days as the first witness. Judges 1:9 and Matthew 17:2 supported the theory that Moses would be the second.  And some even pull out uncannonized text from the Book of Enoch….to say that Enoch…from Noah’s time might be the second.  Interesting reading…but for me….it really doesn’t matter who they are.  What I think God wants us to know…no matter who the two witnesses are that he chooses…is that God is in control folks. He will prove it by allowing two humans to have supernatural strength…die at the hand of the beast and raise them to life again after 3 ½ days!  Amazing!



It is right after they are raised that the 7th trumpet sounds and the elders and heavenly beings worship God….and the heavens are opened up to reveal a temple and the original ark of the covenant…in all its splendor.  They say, "We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great-- and for destroying those who destroy the earth."



Father … I stand in awe of your power…to create life..to take it away….to release supernatural powers through mere humans so mighty that even Satan can not stop them.  I thank you that you are in control…and you  allow me to see only what I need to see for the season of life you have placed me in. Help me to trust in you more fully and give n to your will for me today.  Open my eyes to see the opportunities that you will give me to worship you today …as these elders….to thank you for taking your great power and reigning in my life.  Give me a reverence for you Lord that creates in me a clean heart…so when you judge me you find goodness…kindness…and love for others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment