Saturday, July 14, 2012

The last 7 Plagues


Revelation 15: 1-4 - I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues--last, because with them God's wrath is completed.  And I saw what looked like a sea of glass mixed with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and over the number of his name. They held harps given them by God and sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: "Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages.  Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed." 

The final wrath of God…what an ominous thought.  The fury of God will be so powerful …. so complete that it will take 7 angels to deliver the 7 different plagues he will send to show his power to the Earth. The word plague…the concept of a plague… is not new to us…throughout the bible God used plagues to send his judgment….my phone ap quickly pulled up 110 verses with the word plague.  But my brain…my heart..is remembering the scriptures in Exodus…where God used Moses to deliver the 10 plagues to Pharaoh.  He waited too long to accept the power and deity of God…and allowed his hardened heart to hold on to the world’s standards…and lost everything.

These seven angels…they have some pretty nasty stuff in those bowls…but the people on the seashore are not worried…they know they have been sealed in God’s love and protection….so they are singing a mighty praise song.  They are singing the song of victory over the beast… the song of Moses and the lamb…a song of victory over the difficult times they had endured to achieve God’s will in their lives. A song that celebrates the things they have overcome in standing firm till the end.

I love the words of this song!  There are great phrases like…Great and marvelous are your deeds….just and true are your ways…who will not fear you…all nations will come and worship you. All these phrases …when combined … show God’s mighty power and give me hope for the end….if I endure and continue to search for his will in my life and stop to celebrate the wonderful things he has already done for me. If I …unlike Pharaoh…continue to let God soften my heart…I will continue to focus on how my hardships have strengthened my walk with him …and how I can reduce the number of people who will have to stand in this wrath of God in the last days!

Father…I praise you for your mightiness…I thank you for your marvelous deeds…and I accept this morning that EVERYTHING that you have allowed to be a part of my life has been just and true. I will never be worthy to stand in the holiness of your being….yet you love me and give me wonderful gifts and rich blessings every day.  Help me to bring glory to your name in everything that I do and say. Help me to keep my heart as soft as possible…to not only ward off the tricks of Satan…but to enjoy the comfort of your mighty arms that wrap me daily in love and mercy and forgiveness. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment