Friday, July 20, 2012

EVERYTHING New


Revelation 21:1-5 -  Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.  I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.  He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."  He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

Great word…new…the shininess of a brand new coin…the smell of a new car…the pride and satisfaction of walking through the door of a new home…or the gratification you feel when you buy anything new.  The object is brand new….it never existed before in your world…and it fills your soul with such great pleasure to know that you were blessed enough to possess it now. John says that EVERYTHING we know and love….EVERYTHING….will be made new.  God will lay a foundation of 10 of the most beautiful gemstones I have ever seen…many of which I had never heard the name of. He will place his throne right smack dab in the middle and rule the new Earth…made with many brilliant metals and gems to reflect the wonderful glory of God.

This new Earth is going to be perfect….as we step into the glory of God...his mere presence will wipe every sad memory we ever thought right out of our minds.  Any pain we suffer from will vanish as we step through one of those pearl gates. No one will ever mourn the loss of another loved one…or watch helplessly as a violent car accident…horrible storm…or terrorist takes the life of someone we love.  EVERYTHING will be made new….and we will experience the fullness of God for the first time. His mind will become our mind…his soul will embrace our soul…and all the questions we once cried out to him in prayer…they will fade as we fall on our knees and worship the one who made us new.

The earthly pride we feel so often at a new accomplishment…or new home…or purchase of a new car…will melt away as we finally understand the term humility.  Our hearts will swell with pride because of the love we feel in his presence…and we will want nothing more than to worship him 24/7…in the brilliant light God’s glory reflects on all that glittering gold and gems.  We will live with God in his Holy City …the New Jerusalem…forever and one more day. 

Father…to know you is such an opportunity …I marvel at what you have prepared for me someday.  I anxiously await the wonderful moment when I will meet you face to face…and have a chance to sit at your feet and feel your complete love wash through my soul.  I thank you for saving the many family members you have already called to live with you there….oh what a great party of reunion I will get to attend when you call me home too.   I am so excited that someday you will wipe away my tears of loss….the pain and grief that causes me to feel lonely …because I will live with you in this New Earth…and I will finally understand how to let go of all my earthly sorrow and pain…and be complete in just your presence. Help me to listen to you voice and share those words on this ‘old’ Earth…so I can open the door for many others to come with me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment