Tuesday, October 16, 2012

God's Home = My Heart

Exodus 37:25-29-  He made the altar of incense of acacia wood; its length was a cubit, and its breadth was a cubit; it was square, and two cubits was its height; its horns were of one piece with it.  He overlaid it with pure gold, its top, and its sides round about, and its horns; and he made a molding of gold round about it,  and made two rings of gold on it under its molding, on two opposite sides of it, as holders for the poles with which to carry it.  And he made the poles of acacia wood, and overlaid them with gold.  He made the holy anointing oil also, and the pure fragrant incense, blended as by the perfumer.

And God’s chosen craftsman carried out his blueprint for the objects in the Holy of Holies.  They followed the design of God to the exact detail…and overlaid everything they made with the purest gold.  They honored God with a room worthy of his presence….and placed in it the holy Ark of the Covenant…. a room where only the priests went once a year.  Just outside they crafted the table and the lampstand…and the altar of God….so the people could offer their sacrifices…and receive God’s forgiveness for the sins they would commit….even a holy anointing oil was made…to anoint the priests ..to ask God’s favor on the person he chose to minister to the people’s needs.

I read this chapter and found no help in my study bible on what this process had to do with my life today. My computer would absolutely not connect to the internet and allow me to research…so I found myself empty of wisdom…and prayed a simple prayer to God as I slept that he would somehow help me understand what all this had to do with me. And as I turned off the alarm…there was still no clarity.  So I poured that coffee… and sat down…and waited for god to speak.

Then it dawned on me…that we are still in the business of crafting what God told us to make.  But since he died on that cross…and tore the veil between that holy room that held his words…that the only thing that is different is the way we receive and house him.  His Holy Ark was replaced with his Holy Bible…the wisdom and history of everything we need to know written in its perfect pages.  The poles that carry it are our own hearts…where we should work diligently to place it every day.  The lampstand was replaced with the brilliance of God’s love.  It shown from every part of him as he spoke to his disciples after his resurrection….and we should reflect his light in everything we do. The anointing oil is his very presence among us…the Holy Spirit sent to give us our directions first hand…to live inside us…to help us day by day…moment by moment…to anoint us to do his work…to give us power and wisdom to carry out his ministries.  We should hear and see and smell the perfume of his work in our lives…if we are diligent to carry out what his will for us.

Father…once again you amaze me with how much you love me.  Just when I think you have left me to myself once again…you show up and place your words deep into my soul…and you show me how awesome and real…and present you are when I need you. Oh how unworthy I am to be in your presence…but you love me so much you wash me clean with your blood of freedom…and free me from my own self….and help me understand that you are right here with me…that you have made me your very tabernacle…because I simply ask you to live in my heart and be my God! Oh thank you God for your precious love….and help me to share it with others today…and use it to guide my every thought and action through the day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment