Thursday, September 12, 2013

God Will Cover us When We Are In His Will


Ezra 5:3-5 -  But Tattenai, governor of the province west of the Euphrates, and Shethar-bozenai and their colleagues soon arrived in Jerusalem and asked, "Who gave you permission to rebuild this Temple and restore this structure?"  They also asked for a list of the names of all the people who were working on the Temple.  But because their God was watching over them, the leaders of the Jews were not prevented from building until a report was sent to Darius and he returned his decision.

 

God had sent two prophets to tell the Israelites to begin construction on the Temple once again. They delivered the message God gave them…then rolled up their sleeves to help with the work. When the neighboring officials from Euphrates noticed…they  were concerned…and ask them who had given them permission to continue the task…and further intimidated them by requiring a list of all the people who had done any of the work.

 

I love the response of these leaders recorded in verses 11-16….for they boldly announced their allegiance to God…and testified of the command that Cyrus had given them. God was so proud of their courage that he covered them…and did not allow the work of construction to halt. They worked on it the entire time the letter to king Darius was sent and investigated for truth.

 

It is a reminder to me that when we are in God’s will…and doing the work he called us to do…he covers us with a blanket of protection that no man…or supernatural being can break through.  Jesus explained it best in the moments before he ascended to the father. John 14:27 recorded his transfer of power to us in these words… “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”  Then recorded in John 17:11… in the moments just before he returned to his father …he said… “ I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one.”

 

The moment I accepted Christ…and left the world….his peace and protective power began to provide for me a blanket of covering.  It remains with me as long as I am in his will …and doing the work he called me to do.  The really cool thing is I don’t have to understand it…just allow it bathe me in God’s love and power…like the disciples of the early church. 

 

Father…I thank you for the reminder that you will cover me when I am in your will…doing the work you have called me to do. Help me to be courageous and fearless …and use this peace of mind to be bold in sharing your love to others.  Forgive me Lord for he times that I have not relied on this power…and caved in to the world…and the temptations of flesh.  Help me to trust more and more in the supernatural power you can provide …when I have used up the small amount of human strength and logic my own efforts have provided.  Teach me how to rely on your unending supply of peace and power…to do all that you have called me to do…so that more people can come to know and understand your love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment