Thursday, January 8, 2015

Ask God To Restore You To HIs Love


Hosea 14:3-4  and 9 –  Assyria cannot save us; we will not mount war-horses. We will never again say 'Our gods' to what our own hands have made, for in you the fatherless find compassion."  "I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them.

…..Who is wise? He will realize these things. Who is discerning? He will understand them. The ways of the LORD are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them.

 

Hosea’s last words to the people were God’s call to return to him. He begged them to realize that no other nation…no other god could help them.  True restoration would come only from a heart that uttered to God to forgive their sins and ask him to be gracious in restoring their nation back to its former strength.

 

God promised to cure them from their idolatry and unfaithfulness. He promised to increase his love to them in unmeasured bounds. He would remove all his anger from them and restore them like the morning dew refreshes the earth in the springtime.

 

Hosea’s last chapter reminded me of my favorite verse…Jeremiah 29:11.  He knows the plans he has for us…and wants to give us good things...to bless us with the wisdom and discernment we need …so our future prospers in his love….even though we don’t deserve it….(translation mine).  

 

It is our choice whether to accept this great love…and let it enrich our life.  We can cling to the earthly things around us that we think are giving us happiness…or we can turn those things over to God…realizing that they are gifts…on loan only to do hs will here on earth.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I must daily seek a time with you to ask you to expose any sin in my life…and ask you to remove it and fill the space it occupied with more of your love.  Thank you for the promise to care for me…even though I stray far away from you will at times.  Thank you for the promise of restoration no matter what mistakes I make.  Help me to wake each morning and thank you for the day to come…and claim your promise of growth for my good.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment