Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pray For A Fresh Dose Of Power And Spirit


Micah 3:5 and 8 -  This is what the LORD says to you false prophets: "You are leading my people astray! You promise peace for those who give you food, but you declare war on anyone who refuses to pay you.

But as for me, I am filled with power and the Spirit of the LORD. I am filled with justice and might, fearlessly pointing out Israel's sin and rebellion.

 

Micah directed his next words to the leaders…the elders…priests….and prophets of Israel. He told them they were supposed to know right from wrong…yet they had twisted what was good and began to love injustice.  He told them that God was not going to honor the words they said just to make others feel good about the evil they were doing.

 

The elders had separated themselves from the people. They had chosen to live luxurious lives away from the ones they were supposed to lead.  Greed had taken hold in their hearts till they even thought they deserved this better life that was built on dishonesty.

 

Micah used himself as an example. He was not afraid to speak the truth because God’s spirit and power gave him all the courage that he needed.  Acts 1:8 records the words that Jesus used to explain this powerful tool he left all believers with.  It says… “But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere -- in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

 

It is a reminder to me that the power of God has already been given to me…I just need to remember that it is there…and tap into it when I need it. All the power of every good prophet…. David… Moses… Paul… and Jesus came from this great source.  He has given it to all believers to help them rise above the world’s demands and be what God has called us to be. I know that it is this power that allows me to understand and write about his word each day.  I just need to learn to use it throughout my day for everything else.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you have given me power that I don’t always tap into. Forgive me for the times that I give up…thinking that I have no more to give.  Help me to be more like Jesus…and the great apostles he sent….that realized when they were running on empty to stop and come to you in prayer….so you could fill them up with a fresh dose of your spirit and power. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment