Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Build A Firm Foundation In God

Deuteronomy 6:10-12 - When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Moses was finishing up his instructions about following the laws God gave them.  He wanted them to learn to love him with all their heart …soul…and strength. He wanted to remind them one more time not to forget the God that brought them to this point.  He knew their tendency to blame God for the tough times they had experienced…and did not want them to forget him when the full blessings of God were poured out on their lives.

What a great reminder to be so consistent in our praise to God that it builds our faith in all circumstances. Moses wanted to make sure that their foundation was always solid…never leaving room for any other god they might encounter to plant any seeds of doubt in their lives. He knew the answer to a consistent faith was a consistent relationship with the one who gave it to us in the first place.


Father..thank you for the reminder to build such a firm foundation that I can claim 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 with ease… “Rejoicing always, praying continually, and giving thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for me in Christ Jesus. Forgive me for the times that I have chosen to leave you out of my routine when ‘my belly is full.”  Help me to build a foundation so strong that nothing can steal the joy you have given me in Christ Jesus my savior. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment