Monday, July 4, 2016

Have You Tapped Into ALL Of God's Power Through Faith?

Deuteronomy 5:23- 25 ­- When you heard the voice out of the darkness, while the mountain was ablaze with fire, all the leaders of your tribes and your elders came to me.  And you said, “The Lord our God has shown us his glory and his majesty, and we have heard his voice from the fire. Today we have seen that a person can live even if God speaks with them. But now, why should we die? This great fire will consume us, and we will die if we hear the voice of the Lord our God any longer.

Moses was reminding the Israelites of the covenant God had made with them all. Part of his retelling included the part where they had ask him to be their interpreter for all of God’s words…they could not take the intensity of God’s presence...and feared death if they stayed in his presence any longer. God’s full presence was too much for the small amount of faith they had.

I couldn’t help but underline these verses… and began to wonder just how often I get close to experiencing the full glory of God that I have done the same thing. For whatever reason… I have stopped short of seeing….hearing… experiencing God in the deepest ways possible on this earth….because my faith lacks something it needs to make me as passionate and committed as Moses was.

Matthew 17:20 records Jesus own words about the power faith can give us to do his work. He said… “He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”  If my faith lacks…it must be smaller than that tiny seed he was talking about.  Surely I can find a way to nurture and grow what I do have. .

There is another possibility….my faith may be as big as that mustard seed…but fear…for whatever reason…keeps me from testing its power. I needed the reminder not to let fear …or any other road block that God allows in my life to keep me from searching after God’s full power in my life.


Father…thank you for the reminder that the faith you have given me has untapped power to help me accomplish your will on this earth. Forgive me for the times that I have let fear hold me back from using the faith you have built in me to do your will.  Help me to build the confidence I need to call on you in all situations. So that you can channel your power through me to do mighty things on this earth. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment