Saturday, May 26, 2012

Angels


Hebrews 1: 14 – Are not all the angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?



I didn’t see it at first…my mind must have been on my mom.  The long drive to Sevierville barely got me to the hospital before visiting hours were over. My sister had called me on the way…to tell me they had sedated her and put in a breathing tube.  But that really didn’t prepare me for the lifeless body laying there….so many tubes….she just didn’t look like my mom.



I knew I had to read my bible….God would give me some answers…some comfort…some reason for her sickness…maybe a promise of healing. So I read the first chapter of Hebrews…that’s just where I am…cause this journey has been to read the whole bible….not to skip around.  I wondered what in the world those weird verses had to do with me…maybe I should skip and look for something more relevant to me…and I almost decided to close my bible. Then I glanced down at the devotional written on the same page...based on this verse…and saw the word ‘angel.’



Short verse…but oh just what I needed to hear ….so amazing how God planted this verse for me to see…he even placed a devotional on the same page…cause he knew my mind wasn’t really in my reading last night. He knew he would have to spell out his message for me so it would be easy to see. He knew I needed to be reminded of the angels he had already sent to watch over my mom and my dad…me and my sisters.



He must have sent angels down in multiples today….cause there is definitely a few taking care of her as she lays there with tubes feeding her ….lines delivering medications….a machine making sure she is calm and breathing correctly. And while the angels let her body rest…God is doing his magic on the inside of her…healing those lungs that struggled to hard to work the last week.  And I have this magical peace….must be that peace that surpasses our understanding….allowing me to just sit…and watch her and be there for my dad while we wait.



Father…I thank you once again for making sure that I do not miss your messages each night.  And I thank you for caring for my mom an family in the season.  Thank you for every angel…seen and unseen you have sent to help us out today….and thanks in advance for letting them stay till mom is better. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment