Monday, May 28, 2012

Encouraging Oyhers


Hebrews 3:1-2 and 15  -  Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.  He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God's house………  As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion."



I apologize up front for jumping verses today…these just seem to jump out at me last night.  Whoever wrote this wonderful book is just as anointed as Paul…he does not mince words…he cuts straight to the heart of what we need to do EVERY DAY after we have asked Jesus to come live in our hearts.  He tells us to model our lives after the great prayer warrior Moses. He tells us to never stop learning…to never think we are okay the way we are today.  He calls us to deepen our relationship with God and make it more and more meaningful to our lives each day.



Christian fellowship is very important to this process…he tells us in verse 13 to ‘encourage one another’…to and to do it daily.  We have family around us that we encourage…we have workplaces where we can be more than just a colleague…but sometimes he sends encouragement in different ways…we have to keep our eyes open and ears cocked so we don’t miss anything. 



Like this morning…at MacDonalds...which has become my office and writing space while I stay close to my mom.  She is healing slowly…and for some reason…I like to think it’s a God thing…my internet will not connect at the hospital.  I have found it necessary to take a break and go to Mickey Dees every day.  This morning a sweet lady encouraged me…talked with me…and even prayed for me and my mom…right there in MacDonalds….amazing!  I hope God blesses her for being so bold...and hope I can be so bold when it is my turn.



I got my turn sooner than I thought…I stopped writing for 30 minutes or so…because another lady noticed the bible verse on my shirt.  I invited her to sit down with me…and her life story came pouring out.  She just needed someone to talk to….to voice concerns about her own life...which was uncannily similar to mine. I love it when God combines lessons like he did today.  Yesterday he reminded me I have brothers and sisters I haven’t met…and today I met two of them…and was given support by one and gave support for the other.  Again I say amazing is this God I love so much…who never ceases to amaze me with how he teaches me to deepen my relationship with others.



Father I thank you for the amazing love you show me each day...through people that are never strangers…when I call on you to be my guide.  Help me to always keep my ears and eyes open to new Christian brothers and sister you send my way….some that you send to comfort and encourage  me…and some you send for me to encourage.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment